$16.70 – $20.60
What is Nabumetone tab 500mg?
What is Nabumetone tab 500mg? Relafen Nabumetone dosing is used to reduce pain, swelling, and joint stiffness from arthritis. Relafen medication is known as a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID).
If you are treating a chronic condition such as arthritis, ask your doctor about non-drug treatments and/or using other medications to treat your pain.
How to use
Read the Medication Guide provided by your pharmacist before you start using Relafen medication and each time you get a refill. If you have any questions or you want to know more about what is Nabumetone tab 500mg? ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- Take Relafen Nabumetone dosing by mouth as directed by your doctor.
- Usually once or twice daily with a full glass of water (8 ounces or 240 milliliters).
- Do not lie down for at least 10 minutes after taking this drug.
- To prevent stomach upset, take it with food, milk, or an antacid.
- Dosage is based on your medical condition and response to treatment.
- To minimize side effect risks (such as stomach bleeding), use this medication at the lowest effective dose for the shortest possible length of time.
- Do not increase your dose or take it more often than prescribed.
For chronic conditions such as arthritis, continue taking it as directed by your doctor. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor or pharmacist.
In certain conditions (such as arthritis), it may take up to 2 weeks when this drug is taken regularly before you notice the full benefits.
If you are taking this drug on an “as needed” basis (not on a regular schedule), remember that pain medications work best if they are used as the first signs of pain occur. If you wait until the pain has worsened, the medication may not work as well.
Tell your doctor if your condition worsens.
- Upset stomach
If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
Remember that your doctor has prescribed Relafen Nabumetone dosing because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.
Relafen medication may raise your blood pressure. Check your blood pressure regularly and tell your doctor if the results are high.
Tell your doctor right away if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: hearing changes (such as ringing in the ears), mental/mood changes, difficult/painful swallowing, symptoms of heart failure (such as swelling ankles/feet, unusual tiredness, unusual/sudden weight gain).
Get medical help right away if any of these rare but very serious side effects occur: signs of kidney problems (such as a change in the amount of urine), unexplained stiff neck.
Relafen Nabumetone dosing may rarely cause serious (possibly fatal) liver disease. If you notice any of the following highly unlikely but very serious side effects, stop taking nabumetone and consult your doctor or pharmacist right away: dark urine, persistent nausea/vomiting, severe stomach/abdominal pain, yellowing eyes, or skin.
A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, get medical help right away.
Warnings & Precautions
- Before taking Relafen Nabumetone dosing, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it.
- Before using Relafen medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history.
- Drink plenty of fluids as directed by your doctor to prevent dehydration.
- Before having surgery, tell your doctor or dentist about all the products you use.
- Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs alertness until you can do it safely.
- Limit alcohol and stop smoking.
- Limit your time in the sun.
- Avoid tanning booths and sunlamps.
Older adults may be at greater risk for stomach/intestinal bleeding, kidney problems, heart attack, and stroke while using this drug.
Before using Relafen medication, women of childbearing age should talk with their doctor(s) about the benefits and risks (such as miscarriage, trouble getting pregnant). Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or if you plan to become pregnant. During pregnancy, this medication should be used only when clearly needed. It is not recommended for use during the first and last trimesters of pregnancy due to possible harm to the unborn baby and interference with normal labor/delivery.
It is unknown if this drug passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breastfeeding.
Store at room temperature away from light and moisture. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep all medications away from children and pets.
Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company for more details.
Drug interactions may change how your medications work or increase your risk for serious side effects. This document does not contain all possible drug interactions. Keep a list of all the products you use (including prescription/nonprescription drugs and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicines without your doctor’s approval.
500 mg, 750 mg
There are no reviews yet.