$383.50 – $391.15
Sumatriptan injections are used to treat migraines. Imitrex migraine helps to relieve headache, pain, and other migraine symptoms (including nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to light/sound). Sumatriptan brand name helps you return to your normal routine and may decrease your need for other pain medications. Imitrex dosing belongs to a class of drugs known as triptans. It affects a certain natural substance (serotonin) that causes the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain. Imitrex Sumatriptan may also relieve pain by affecting certain nerves in the brain.
Sumatriptan does not prevent future migraines or lessen how often you get migraine attacks.
How to use
Read the Patient Information Leaflet and Instructions for Use if available from your pharmacist before you start using the Sumatriptan brand name and each time you get a refill. Imitrex Sumatriptan comes in different brands with different strengths. Carefully read and follow the instructions for your brand. If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- Imitrex Sumatriptan is for use in the nose only.
- Remove the sumatriptan spray from the package only when you are ready to use it.
- Do not test or prime the spray before use. Doing so will make you lose the dose.
- Use Imitrex dosing at the first sign of a migraine as directed by your doctor.
- Usually, 1 spray into one nostril.
- Avoid spraying into your eyes.
- Gently blow your nose before using Imitrex migraine.
- Keeping your head upright, close one nostril by pressing with your index finger on one side of your nose.
- You may tilt your head back slightly to keep the medicine from dripping out of your nose.
- Place the nozzle of the spray device into the other nostril and breathe in gently as you press the plunger.
- Keep your head upright, remove the nozzle from your nose, and gently breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Your nose may feel wet inside and you may notice a slight taste after using the spray. This is normal.
Precautions while using
If there is no improvement in your symptoms, do not take more doses of Imitrex dosing before talking to your doctor. If your symptoms are only partly relieved, or if your headache comes back, you may use another dose after at least 1 or at least 2 hours (depending on your brand). The dosage is based on your medical condition and response to treatment.
If you have a higher risk for heart problems, your doctor may perform a heart exam before you start taking sumatriptan. He/she may also direct you to take your first dose of this medication in the office/clinic to monitor for serious side effects (such as chest pain). Talk to your doctor for details.
If you are using drugs for migraine attacks on 10 or more days each month, the drugs may actually make your headaches worse (medication overuse headache). Do not use medications more often or for longer than directed. Tell your doctor if you need to use Imitrex dosing more often, or if the medication is not working as well, or if your headaches get worse.
- Unusual taste
- tingling of the nose or throat
If any of these Sumatriptan injections effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
Remember that your doctor has prescribed Imitrex migraine because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using Imitrex migraine do not have serious side effects.
Imitrex dosing may raise your blood pressure. Check your blood pressure regularly and tell your doctor if the results are high.
Tell your doctor right away if you have any serious Imitrex migraine side effects, including blue fingers/toes/nails, cold hands/feet, hearing changes, mental/mood changes.
Sumatriptan brand name can commonly cause chest/jaw/neck tightness, pain, or pressure that is usually not serious. However, these side effects are like symptoms of a heart attack, which may include chest/jaw/left arm pain, shortness of breath, or unusual sweating. Get medical help right away if these or other serious side effects occur, including
- fast/irregular heartbeat
- severe stomach/abdominal pain
- bloody diarrhea
- signs of a stroke
Sumatriptan brand name may increase serotonin and rarely cause a very serious condition called serotonin syndrome/toxicity. The risk increases if you are also taking other drugs that increase serotonin, so tell your doctor or pharmacist of all the drugs you take. Get medical help right away if you develop some of the following symptoms:
- fast heartbeat
- loss of coordination
- severe dizziness
- severe nausea/vomiting/diarrhea
- twitching muscles
- unexplained fever
- unusual agitation/restlessness
A very serious allergic reaction to Sumatriptan injections is rare. However, get medical help right away.
Warnings & Precautions
- Before using Imitrex Sumatriptan, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it.
- Before using Sumatriptan injections, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history.
- Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs alertness until you can do it safely.
- Limit alcoholic beverages.
- Before having surgery, tell your doctor or dentist about all the products you use.
Certain conditions can increase your risk for heart problems. Tell your doctor if you have any of these conditions, including high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, family history of heart disease, overweight, smoker, postmenopausal (women), age more than 40 years (men).
The risk of heart disease, liver disease, and high blood pressure increases with age. Older adults may be more sensitive to the side effects of Imitrex dosing, especially increased blood pressure and heart problems.
During pregnancy, the Sumatriptan brand name should be used only when clearly needed. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
Sumatriptan injections pass into breast milk in small amounts. Consult your doctor before breastfeeding.
Different brands of this medication have different storage needs. Check the product package for instructions on how to store your brand, or ask your pharmacist. Keep all medications away from children and pets.
Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company.
Drug interactions may change how your medications work or increase your risk for serious side effects. This document does not contain all possible drug interactions. Keep a list of all the products you use (including prescription/nonprescription drugs and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicines without your doctor’s approval.
What is Canada Drugs’ online pharmacy?
Buy Imitrex Sumatriptan online with or without a prescription from us. Moreover, Consult your doctor if you have been exposed to an infection or for more details.
For the safety and health of our clients, Canada Drugs employs dedicated, professional certified pharmacists to guarantee that every order is examined before it is dispensed. Your health is our main priority at canadadrugs.co
|Non-Aerosol spray Dosage||
5 mg/actuation, 20 mg/actuation
There are no reviews yet.