Hydroxychloroquine 200 mg tablets are used to prevent or treat malaria caused by mosquito bites. Plaquenil Hydroxychloroquine is also used to treat certain auto-immune diseases (lupus, rheumatoid arthritis). Hydroxychloroquine brand name belongs to a class of medications known as disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs). Plaquenil usage can reduce skin problems in lupus and prevent swelling/pain in arthritis. Hydroxychloroquine buy on line is also used to treat symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and discoid or systemic lupus erythematosus.
The United States Center for Disease Control provides updated guidelines and travel recommendations for the prevention and treatment of malaria in different parts of the world. Discuss the most recent information with your doctor before traveling to areas where malaria occurs.
How to use
- Take Hydroxychloroquine 200 mg tablets by mouth, usually with food to prevent stomach upset, exactly as directed by your doctor.
- Plaquenil Hydroxychloroquine dosage and length of treatment are based on your medical condition and response to treatment.
- In children, the dosage is also based on weight.
- To prevent malaria, take Hydroxychloroquine brand name by mouth as directed by your doctor, usually once a week on the same day each week.
- Mark a calendar to help you remember.
- Hydroxychloroquine buy on line is usually started 1 to 2 weeks before entering the malarious area.
- Continue to take it weekly while in the area and for 4 to 8 weeks after leaving the area, or as directed by your doctor.
- Do not stop taking it without talking with your doctor, especially if you are taking it for malaria.
To treat malaria, follow your doctor’s instructions.
How to use For lupus
- For lupus or rheumatoid arthritis, take Hydroxychloroquine 200 mg tablets by mouth as directed by your doctor
- Usually once or twice daily.
- Your doctor may gradually increase your dose.
- Once you have been taking Hydroxychloroquine brand name for a while and your condition has improved.
- your doctor may instruct you to lower your dose until you find the dose that works best with the fewest side effects.
- Use Hydroxychloroquine buy on line regularly in order to get the most benefit from it.
If you are also taking a certain drug for diarrhea (kaolin) or taking antacids (such as magnesium/aluminum hydroxide), take Plaquenil usage at least 4 hours before or after these products. These products may bind with hydroxychloroquine, preventing your body from fully absorbing it.
Tell your doctor if your condition lasts or gets worse. It may take several weeks or months to see improvement if you are taking this for lupus or arthritis. Hydroxychloroquine brand name may not prevent malaria in all cases. If you experience fever or other symptoms of illness, get medical help right away (especially while in the malarious area and for 2 months after returning from the area). You may need a different medication. Avoid exposure to mosquitoes.
- loss of appetite
If any of these Plaquenil usage effects last or get worse, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
Remember that your doctor has prescribed Plaquenil Hydroxychloroquine because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.
Tell your doctor right away if you have any serious side effects, including
- slow heartbeat
- symptoms of heart failure
- mental/mood changes
- hearing changes
- easy bruising/bleeding
- signs of infection
- signs of liver disease
- muscle weakness, unwanted/uncontrolled movements
- hair loss
- hair/skin color changes
Some serious and rare side effects
Hydroxychloroquine buy on line may cause low blood sugar (hypoglycemia). Tell your doctor right away if you develop symptoms of low blood sugar, such as
- sudden sweating
- blurred vision
- tingling hands/feet
If you have diabetes, be sure to check your blood sugars regularly. Your doctor may need to adjust your diabetes medication.
Get medical help right away if you have any very serious Plaquenil usage side effects, including severe dizziness, fainting, fast/irregular heartbeat, seizures.
Moreover, Hydroxychloroquine buy on line may cause serious eye/vision problems. The risk for these side effects is increased with long-term use of Plaquenil Hydroxychloroquine and with taking this medication in high doses. Get medical help right away if you have any symptoms of serious eye problems, including sensitivity to light, vision changes (such as light flashes/streaks, blurred vision, difficulty reading, missing areas of vision).
A very serious allergic reaction to Hydroxychloroquine 200 mg tablets is rare. However, get medical help right away.
Warnings & Precautions
- Before taking the Hydroxychloroquine brand name, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it.
- Before using Plaquenil Hydroxychloroquine, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history.
- Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs alertness until you can do it safely.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages.
- Limit your time in the sun.
- Avoid tanning booths and sunlamps.
- Before having surgery, tell your doctor or dentist about all the products you use.
If you have diabetes, Plaquenil usage may affect your blood sugar. Check your blood sugar regularly as directed and share the results with your doctor. Tell your doctor right away if you have symptoms of low blood sugar. Your doctor may need to adjust your diabetes medication, exercise program, or diet.
Moreover, Hydroxychloroquine buy on line may cause a condition that affects the heart rhythm (QT prolongation). QT prolongation can rarely cause serious (rarely fatal) fast/irregular heartbeat and other symptoms (such as severe dizziness, fainting) that need medical attention right away.
The risk of QT prolongation may be increased if you have certain medical conditions or are taking other drugs that may cause QT prolongation.
Low levels of potassium or magnesium in the blood may also increase your risk of QT prolongation. This risk may increase if you use certain drugs (such as diuretics/”water pills”) or if you have conditions such as severe sweating, diarrhea, or vomiting. Talk to your doctor about using Hydroxychloroquine brand name safely.
Older adults may be more sensitive to the side effects of Hydroxychloroquine 200 mg tablets, especially QT prolongation (see above).
During pregnancy, Plaquenil Hydroxychloroquine should be used only when clearly needed. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
This medication passes into breast milk. However, consult your doctor before breastfeeding.
Store at room temperature away from moisture and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep all medications away from children and pets.
Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company.
Drug interactions may change how your medications work or increase your risk for serious side effects. This document does not contain all possible drug interactions. Keep a list of all the products you use (including prescription/nonprescription drugs and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicines without your doctor’s approval.
A product that may interact with this drug is penicillamine.
There are no reviews yet.