Ethinyl Estradiol; Levonorgestrel
About Ethinyl Estradiol Levonorgestrel
How to use
- Taking Levonorgestrel tablets after your evening meal or at bedtime may help if you have stomach upset or nausea with the medication.
- It is very important that you take the Levonorgestrel birth control pill at the same time each day, 24 hours apart.
How to take a pill
- breast tenderness
- swelling of the ankles/feet (fluid retention)
- weight change
- Vaginal bleeding between periods (spotting)
- missed/irregular periods
If any of these Levonorgestrel birth control pill effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly. If you miss 2 periods in a row (or 1 period if the pill has not been used properly), contact your doctor for a pregnancy test.
Some serious and rare side effects
Warnings & Precautions
- Tell your doctor if you just had or will be having surgery or if you will be confined to a bed or chair for a long time.