What is Nebivolol used for?
What is Nebivolol used for? Bystolic tab 5mg is used to treat high blood pressure. Lowering high blood pressure helps prevent strokes, heart attacks, and kidney problems. Bystolic side effect can be based on your medical condition.
This medication belongs to a class of drugs known as beta-blockers. It works by blocking the action of certain natural substances in your body, such as epinephrine, on the heart and blood vessels. This Bystolic side effect lowers heart rate, blood pressure, and strain on the heart.
How to use
Read the Patient Information Leaflet if available from your pharmacist before you start taking Bystolic tab 5mg and each time you get a refill. If you have any questions about What is Nebivolol used for? ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- Take this medication by mouth with or without food as directed by your doctor, usually once daily.
- The dosage is based on your medical condition and response to treatment.
- Use this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same time each day.
- It may take several weeks before you get the full benefit of the Bystolic tab 5mg.
Keep taking this medication even if you feel well. Most people with high blood pressure do not feel sick.
Tell your doctor if you do not get better or if you get worse (blood pressure readings remain high or increase).
- slow heartbeat
- trouble sleeping
If any of these Bystolic side effect last or get worse, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
To reduce the risk of dizziness and lightheadedness, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
Bystolic tab 5mg may reduce blood flow to your hands and feet, causing them to feel cold. Smoking may worsen this effect. Dress warmly and avoid tobacco use.
Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious Bystolic side effect.
Tell your doctor right away if you have any serious Bystolic side effect, including
- blue fingers/toes
- very slow heartbeat
- new or worsening symptoms of heart failure
- mental/mood changes
A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, get medical help right away.
Warnings & Precautions
- Before taking Bystolic tab 5mg, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it.
- Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history.
- Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs alertness until you can do it safely.
- Limit alcoholic beverages.
- Before having surgery, tell your doctor or dentist about all the products you use.
- Check your blood sugar regularly as directed and share the results with your doctor.
During pregnancy, Bystolic tab 5mg should be used only when clearly needed. Babies born to mothers taking this drug during pregnancy may have a low birth weight and require monitoring for problems such as low blood pressure, slow heartbeat, low blood sugar, and slow/shallow breathing. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
It is unknown if the Bystolic tab 5mg passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breastfeeding.
Store at room temperature away from light and moisture. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep all medications away from children and pets.
Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company.
Drug interactions may change how your medications work or increase your risk for serious side effects. This document does not contain all possible drug interactions. Keep a list of all the products you use (including prescription/nonprescription drugs and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicines without your doctor’s approval.
A product that may interact with this drug is fingolimod.
There are no reviews yet.